DEADLINE FOR CLAIMS IN PURDUE BANKRUPTCY CASES IS JULY 30, 2020:
The deadline for cities, counties, municipalities, or other local governments to file proofs of claim in the Purdue Bankruptcy Cases is July 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Any Negotiating Class member that wishes to file a claim must do so by that date. Negotiating Class counsel will NOT be filing claims for class members. However, we are advised that an Ad Hoc committee of governmental and other contingent litigation claimants has been formed in the Bankruptcy. That ad hoc committee may be sending additional information concerning the claim process.
Welcome to the official website of the Negotiation Class of counties and cities certified on September 11, 2019 by the U.S. District for the Northern District of Ohio in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL No. 2804 (N.D. Ohio).
Here you’ll find important information concerning the Negotiation Class, including
- A current list of the members of the Negotiation Class (see below).
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Copies of court orders and decisions.
- Copies of court-approved documents, such as the Class Notice and, if your county or city wishes not to remain in the Negotiation Class, the Exclusion Request Form (which must be submitted by no later than November 22, 2019).
- The Allocation Map for determining a county’s share of settlement funds in the event of a settlement with any of the 13 defendants, or a city’s suggested share.
- Information about how to sign up to receive alerts when important new information is posted to this website.
- Information about how to contact the court-appointed Notice Administrator for the Negotiation Class if you have questions that aren’t answered by the Class Notice that your county or city received or by this website.
- Information Concerning Purdue Bankruptcy
A comprehensive list of counties, parishes, and boroughs (collectively, “counties”), and all incorporated places, including without limitation cities, towns, townships, villages, and municipalities, as defined by the United States Census Bureau (collectively “cities”); is available below:
Important information on the Opioids-related litigation, including all pertinent Orders and Schedules, will be available on this website on an ongoing and current basis. It’s therefore recommended that you check this website periodically for important updates.